Thursday, August 23, 2007

Big words

Sorry for the delay in posting, but we've been kind of busy around here lately. OG moved out, Amy, Margie and JT came to visit and our air conditioner, as of yesterday, is not working. On an up note, OG bought us a new computer. I haven't figured all the bells and whistles out quite yet, so I don't have any recent pics loaded on it. Plus, I'm fairly certain my brain is a puddle of goo due to the extreme heat in our house. Which leads me to my next random thought... I am quite certain it must be the heat, because I consider myself relatively intelligent. I have a college degree, I hold down a job where I train others, I'm taking new classes. So, why is it that when I looked on an old friend's blog, I needed a dictionary for practically every other word? Is he really that verbose? Or, am I just that hot and tired? (Please note the use of the word "verbose" as it makes me feel better to use such a fancy word in light of my current situation of feeling rather stupid.) This friend and I knew each other throughout jr high, high school and college and I don't remember having that much trouble understanding him. Maybe it's due to his most recent reading of Tolstoy and my most reading of Sheep in a Jeep. Anyway, I'll write more when I have pics of Amy and JT's visit and when it's cool in here again.

0 comments: